Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Santa Barbara Again!

Time again for a Post from lovely SoCal!!! Well, if you gotta be working, being in Santa Barbara is not a bad place to be!!! It seems that I don’t have time to update my blog from the house, and currently I’m too darn busy at the office to get any thing done, besides work that is!!! Anyway, it’s great to be employed, I was laid off in 2001 for 4.5 months, a very scary time indeed!!! No, we did not loose our house or get divorced, but it was quite scary nevertheless. I did quite a bit of remodeling of our old townhouse, a couple of bathrooms, and later on we redid the whole kitchen!!! However, there were a few nights during that time that I woke up in a cold sweat, thinking how am I ever going to do this!! No income, and three kids and a mortgage. Fortunately, Kathy worked two jobs during that time, at Home Depot during the evenings and as a substitute teacher during the day!!! She truly is the best thing that ever happened to me, and she has also given me my three kids, the most wonderful thing ever!!! But I rant on, this is about the here and now, and now is in lovely Santa Barbara!! I go here every few weeks, and stay for a night. Just enough to truly appreciate what I have at home, since I miss all of them, but if I gotta travel, I gotta travel!!! My travel buddy Randy May is getting ready, we are going to go to the Fish House, a great local restaurant, and eat ourselves silly. Then it’s back to the hotel, and collapse in a big heap!!! Anyway, life continues to be great, Kathy’s arm is getting much better after her fall, and my dad is back home after almost 3 months in the hospital. He is getting better every day, has a physical therapist that comes to the house a few times a week, and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that he gets completely recovered.
Gotta go, love all of you, have the most wonderful time until the next time!

Yours, Peter L.

1 Comments:

Blogger knutanders said...

Nej, kronofogden fick aldrig tag i mig. Det verkar som du reser en del det är ju kul, om man själv och familjen trivs med det. Hoppas att det går bra för din pappa nu när han kommit hem, och mamma skall vårdahonom. Jag visste inte att du gått arbetslös??? Det kom som en rejäl överaskning, du som är så drigftig och allt.
Här är allt sig likt, en dag taget timma för timma med andra ord ingen förbättring än.
Din vän, Anders

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home